Saturday 24 June 2006

WMD's in Iraq, after all?

After browsing through some message boards over the Web, I've read that WMD's have actually been discovered in Iraq after all. I'm not sure how reputable a source Fox News is, or whether I should believe it or not.

Even still, I still maintain my opposition to the 2003 invasion. Iraq had never threatened the UK or the United States, notwithstanding the fact that constant UK and US air strikes occured over in the 1990's, in addition to sanctions which hurt the Iraqi people and not Saddam.

My views on foreign policy are largely paleo-libertarian (as opposed to neo-libertarian) in nature. We shouldn't attack countries that have posed no threat to ourselves or who haven't threatened to attack us. In a market anarchy, people should be free to privately send resources to avert catastrophes such as genocides, famines, etc.