Monday 6 February 2006

Incompetent British police

I'm a great fan of the TV show "The Simpsons". The police chief of Springfield (the town the Simpsons live in) is called Chief Wiggum and is consistently portrayed as being incompetent and corrupt. It seems we have lots of Chief Wiggums in the UK currently.

When radical Muslims were protesting outside the Danish embassy in London a few days ago, they carried plaques that could be considered to incite hatred or murder. Yet nothing has been done to stop these people.

I don't like the police at all. I think many police officers are corrupt and seldom care about helping others or protecting people. In my mind, many police officers join the service because they crave power and authority over others. I think most people fear the police, more so than trust them.

I've started to warm to the possibility of privatised police. I feel the profit motive and the presence of competition would produce a more effective and efficient police force.