Tuesday 28 November 2006

Libertarian Alliance Conference

The LA held its annual conference last weekend. It wanted to attend, but other things came up, so I couldn't go after all.

I'm not really impressed by the LA.


Don't get me wrong, I think they do good work. But surely more could be done to reach out to people and build more of a community of libertarians in this country.

There must be quite a few libertarian-leaning people who possess a distrust of big government in the UK. Why isn't anything being done to reach out to such people, so they know they aren't alone in their thoughts and that others share their viewpoints? Such people could be turned away from libertarianism, if they are unable to connect with other holding similar views.

It seems to me that only politically aware or computer savvy people hold much knowledge of the LA, at present. Clearly the British libertarian movement needs a more comprehensive policy of outreach.